Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How to confuse a pitbull....

Simple...be afraid of them.

Jetta was out for a walk today and came across the first person who has ever been completely afraid of her and/or hated her. When the woman almost screamed and then continued on to tell me how evil, vicious and blood thirsty my almost four month old puppy was. Before I could explain to her that not only was Jetta training for her CGC, she was becoming a therapy dog as well, the woman than proceeded to grab the hands of her children and storm off from my abomination The little boys wanted to pet Jetta -SO- badly and needless to say they will become the next generation of pit bull haters if their mother has anything to do with it.


Mean while Jetta is sitting at my feet, looking up at them with big, hopeful, brown eyes just begging to be petted. I truly think it confused her that they didn't coo over her like she has grown acustomed. However she did recover very quickly, and after another quizical look pranced along beside me like nothing even happened.


People like that really confuse me, but I have no doubt we will incounter more on our journey to prove that pits(or any bully breeds for that matter) are not ruthless killing machines.


Aside from that Jetta is the crazy weirdo she has always been. I keep forgetting how smart she is in between her training sessions, and remember agian when she picks something new up in under five minutes. We have now mastered the "Other one" command, which is shake only with her right paw and not her left. She is a bit slow on the up take, because I train to not only make her a better companion but to stimulate her mind as well. She 'figures it out' all on her own, but once she's figured it out she runs, bounds and leaps with it.

Needless to say she impresses a lot of people....hell...she impresses me as well!
Link of the day:http://love-a-bull.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment